GPEKS is a company focused on early stage cleantech project development.
- Due Diligence: We kick start cleantech projects by providing our services in preliminary due diligence so that these projects can get the financing needed.
- Financing: We provide financial engineering services for cleantech projects. and assist land, building and vehicle fleet owners with sourcing funding. We also assist clients in creating project plans so that project financing can get approved
- Project Development: We help sponsor and support the development of cleantech projects in collaboration with various stakeholders (municipalities, institutions, equipment suppliers, ESCOs, financing companies, and other larger energy consumers) and provide related services.
- Training: We help professionals and decision makers to make the business case for potential cleantech projects. We spread the knowledge and expertise required internationally, with a special focus on regions most in need such as in the African and Asian continents.
- Operating Systems: We develop disruptive and effective Cleantech 'Operating Systems' including business tools and models, eLearning courses, software and templates
Our goal is to support the exponential growth of the clean technology and sustainable energy sector, so that it can prosper into becoming the main sector in the energy industry by the third decade of this century.
Our mission is to contribute to the global shift towards 'green', sustainable, safe and clean energies and technologies.
We envision a world where the energy and technologies used are not only clean and safe, but is also affordable and empowers citizens, businesses and local governments with decentralized, abundant sources of energy and products which provide superior comfort, security and peace of mind. We believe that this type of technologies is better for any economy, and that it can create jobs while providing increased independence to both consumers and the governments that serve them. We envision a not so distant future where optimum energy efficiency, conservation and renewable energies are systematically considered for existing and new buildings, food and for transportation. We believe that it is possible for people to take control of energy, building and transportation costs, and to halt the environmental destruction linked to the way energies and technologies have been used since the first industrial revolution.
The GPEKS Culture is based on core values including commitment to quality and service, excellence, respect, integrity, and continuous and incremental improvement. We aim to systematically do the right thing, even though this is typically the hardest thing to do. Doing the right thing is also going in the right direction and focussing on effectiveness. Once we have checked that we are on the right track, we aim to do things right (efficiently). We are not perfect, but aim for excellence, and also know that getting things done is more important than only acting once everything is perfect, as perfection is typically relative and an always moving target.
We thrive to nurture long term relationships with our partners and business associates and to treat everyone with fairness and respect. Our corporate culture fosters innovation and creativity. We also believe that a strong and systematic process is a key to success and we carefully embrace technological innovation to boost productivity. Finally, the culture we nurture is focused on a sincere and dedicated desire to help our customers and partners succeed, since we understand that their success is instrumental to ours.
The company was originally created as GPEKS Constructions Inc., and it is now operating as GPEKS. We are federally incorporated and based in the Canadian National Capital region. We have been in operation since 2002. GPEKS is an acronym which stands for Green Projects Environment Knowledge Systems.
- Green Projects is What we do, and we help our clients to make Green (profits) with Green Projects by helping them with the financial aspect (money is Green).
- The Knowledge Systems are the Effective and Efficient Operating systems - the How we do it.
- The Environment is at the heart of the company in its essence, our Why, or reason of being.
Since its creation, GPEKS has been working in close collaboration with a growing network of joint-venture partners and agents in North-America, Latin-America, Europe, Asia and Africa, and close trusted collaborators in a growing number of countries. A Board of Advisors made of seasoned professionels and authorities in their field supports GPEKS strategic development.
GPEKS operates from its Canadian office in the National Capital region with a team of people in charge of projects and administration. Frederic Pouyot and Mary Hough are the initial co-founders of the company.